Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"Develop the Energy"

Last Week I was in New York and paid a visit to my dear friend Dr. Steven Weiss. He is a wonderfully gifted hands-on Osteopath who works very subtly in the cranial-sacral system of the body. During our conversation I was reminded of how many strains of knowledge and study inform my own hands-on energy work.
My very first teacher of any kind of healing work was the Shiatsu(acupressure) master, Shizuko Yamamoto. I was lucky enough to join her for dinner one night, and engage in discussion about healing. I had been wondering if Shiatsu was my calling, hoping that I could study intensely with her. And so I asked her to help guide me.
Shizuko Yamamoto, this great healer, said a few words which have always stayed with me. Quite simply and quietly she said:
“It is not the method, it is the energy that matters. Develop the Energy.”
And so, I spent the next thirty years doing just that, developing the energy. My healing signature is an energy that merges, and absorbs deeply through the layers of tissue and organs, and vibrates lovingly in the larger energy field. I’ve been fortunate enough to be called to the service of offering healing to people through the sharing of this energy.

No comments: